In fact, it is estimated that at any given time, about one third of the population is in pain. Pain is a major problem in our society. Kaizen Progressive Health – Scottsdale pain management doctors is one of the authority sites on this topic. The most common explanation for physician referral is discomfort of some kind. In many medical conditions, it is a big symptom, greatly interfering with the quality of life and overall functioning.
Therefore, management is an incredibly important aspect of health care since patients who are forced to continue dealing with extreme pain are often frustrated and have poor results in treatment.
With as many as one third of cases having unclear causes, certain forms of pain are still not really understood.
Here are some of the stuff about pain that we do know:
For about 20 percent of individuals, it is constant.
The most common pain is back pain.
For at least 3 years, most chronic sufferers have had discomfort.
The incidence increases with advancing age, as can be predicted.
More often than men, women report suffering.
Only 70% of sufferers are searching for specialist assistance.
Regulation of Pain
Modern management systems can incorporate the input of medical professionals, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, clinical psychologists and occupational therapists, among others, in a multidisciplinary way.
- Narcotics are often prescribed for acute pain, but narcotics bring the potential for side effects and abuse with them, so in the management process, patients and caregivers must balance the extent of pain against these risks.
- Numerous studies have shown that in management, some complementary therapies are effective.
- Massage therapy can hasten the relief of pain, soothe stiff sore muscles, and minimize swelling and inflammation.
- Management of psychological distress teaches people skills to deal with their situation. Research has shown that it is a necessary part of management to have practical, helpful thoughts.
- A sought-after alternative to medicines and drugs based on chemicals and other synthetic medications is natural pain relief. Herbs have been used in pain management for decades, but many have not undergone thorough testing. Some allergic reactions can occur with the use of natural relief in some patients, but these can be easily managed or avoided by conducting a skin test before using natural relief for pain.
- Trigger point injections and nerve blocks that use long-acting anesthetics and small doses of steroids are among the pain control modalities.
- Not only will NSAID drug alleviate pain, but fever and inflammation will also be minimized. There are real disadvantages associated with the use of these medications in the long term, however.
- Other common remedies used for the relief of acute pain are aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen.
- Morphine is the main opium active agent and a very potent drug for pain relief. Morphine works directly on the central nervous system and is often used to relieve serious and acute pain caused by surgery or major trauma. For mild to extreme chronic pain, such as cancer, morphine is sometimes used as a pain relief drug.
- TENS devices provide many individuals with short-term pain relief. These devices are fairly cumbersome, but they have no side effects, at least.
11.Finally, there is a new modality that has just been launched on the market and that is the pain patch power strip that blends body heat enabled far infrared heat technology with quantum energy, red ginseng and marine phytoplanktons.