Cosmetic surgery is growing common in the United Kingdom and there are no indications that this phenomenon is decreasing. Dr. Jim Brantner, M.D. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Cosmetic Surgery In Johnson City has some nice tips on this. However getting plastic surgery is a highly specific choice and often people are unsure of the main factors that should be addressed before conducting their historical research on undergoing a cosmetic surgery operation such as breast augmentation or liposuction. The review contains some basic guidance for people seeking plastic procedures, in accordance with the BAAPS guidelines (British Academy of Esthetic Plastic Surgeons).
Guidelines for plastic Surgery 1. Make your own decision: please keep in mind that you are the authority on your looks and desires while contemplating plastic surgery. Do not encourage anyone to convince you to get some plastic operation that you had no question for until your appointment. Do whatever you believe is best for you.
- Choose the best cosmetic surgeon: finding a skilled surgeon who is educated properly is important. If you are contemplating cosmetic surgery in the UK then make sure the GMC (General Medical Council) recognizes the cosmetic surgeon you want. Both plastic surgeons licensed in the UK are listed on the Plastic Surgery Professional Registry as well. You will check to see if the cosmetic surgeon that would perform the operation is on the list. It is always important to be confident with the cosmetic surgeon you have selected for your cosmetic surgery, personally.
- Educated consent: All treatments for plastic surgery have inherent complications and limitations. Get as much knowledge as you can regarding the complications and advantages of the plastic surgery treatment that you are seeking, and make your own judgment as to whether it’s correct. Should not be under strain to perform plastic surgery.
- Consult your GP: your GP is looking after your health. Most GPs are able to provide their patients with non-judgmental and impartial guidance so that while contemplating plastic procedures they will make an educated decision.
- Carefully assess the venue: at a place suitable for you, you will suggest performing the plastic surgery operation. This will include finding a venue where you can get appropriate post-operative treatment that requires a recovery strategy should any problems occur. Do not fly long distances (for example abroad) unless an effective follow-up treatment program is in effect.
- Choose the best time for an operation: it is better to undergo plastic surgery over a span of time where you can relax and heal. Even under rare cases, it is safer to postpone plastic surgery while you are going through big life changes such as moving homes, changing careers, splitting up a loved one’s friendship or losing one.
- Be vigilant about the appointment costs: seek to stop reservation costs and non-refundable deposits. Rather than getting burdened with financial obligations and fines it is easier to do the work openly.
- Take your time: invest as much time in making an educated choice as you want. Don’t jump for plastic surgery.
- Find an institution in which you are confident: the cosmetic surgeon, the doctor and the workers of the company where you want to get your cosmetic operation will feel relaxed.
- 10. Also change your mind: never feel forced to perform plastic surgery. It’s your body and at some stage, you have the freedom to change your mind.