Best teeth whitening can take place at home, depending on the reason for the original discoloration. I strongly suggest you to visit Beverly Hills Teeth Whitening to learn more about this.
Have you ever asked yourself why your teeth get stained and discolored? If so, have you wondered about the possible answers?
Discoloration of the teeth should not be disregarded, because it’s actually possible to lighten them and achieve a brighter smile.
Although many things can stain or discolor teeth, the most common reasons are listed below:
* drinking coffee, tea, colas and other liquids that can stain the teeth
* tetracycline (an antibiotic) use
* excessive use of abrasives, which can expose the teeths’ dentin and cause severe discoloration
* excessive fluoride
* old fillings
Toothpastes that include whitening agents among their ingredients can minimize surface staining, which is also referred to by dental professionals as extrinsic staining. However, whitening toothpastes and professional teeth cleanings will not alter intrinsic staining of the teeth. This is the primary reason why teeth whitening or bleaching has become so popular.
Typically, teeth whiteners are categorized into two groups: professional whitening procedures, and home-based teeth whiteners.
Professional whitening procedures are usually performed in a dentist’s office and involve the use of laser-activated blanking gels.
In contrast, home-based teeth whiteners can be done by anyone, either between professional treatments or without any other whitening procedures. Home-based whiteners can consist of whitening kits and tray-based whitening systems, or use culinary and medicinal ingredients to be used in homemade treatments.
As the name suggests, home-based teeth whitening is typically performed at home, in compliance with a routine recommended by dentists and/or the written guidelines for the products.
Tray-based whitening of teeth is a four-step process, as outlined below.
- The package may contain a tray which the dentist must tailor to fit snugly around the teeth of the people. Precise fit is essential.
- The whitening fluid in the package is sprayed over the plate.
- The active ingredient of gels, carbamide peroxide, breaks down to allow oxygen to enter the enamel of teeth and bleach the discolored regions.
- This operation does not alter the structure of the teeth in any way. Bonding, fillings, and crowns on the teeth themselves will not lighten nor discolored regions.
Some patients who are curious about the techniques of tray teeth whitening ask the questions:
Is tray teeth safe to blanch
Most dental professionals agree that whitening or bleaching tray teeth is a relatively safe and easy way to lighten the teeth in just a few days, by two to five shades.
How does tray blanking differ from other procedures for professional teeth whitening?
Several of the professional whitening products which dentists may choose to use in their professional whitening services are mentioned below. The laser or light bleaching used for each substance continues in parentheses.
* LaserSmile (Laser to Biolase)
* Rembrandt Sapphire (Arc de plasma)
* LumaArch (halogens)
* BriteSmile (Light-emitting plasma gas diode)
* Zoom in! (Light with halide metals)
Laser whitening typically involves applying a gel-based solution of 35 per cent hydrogen peroxide to the surface of the teeth of individuals. The laser or other light is then held near the person’s mouth, and the hydrogen peroxide is triggered by its glare. Some dentists and manufacturers claim that this method is more effective than tray whitening, but that these claims are not supported by actual data.
As a matter of fact, a person’s teeth will again be discolored after a year of returning to old lifestyle habits such as smoking and drinking coffee , tea, cola, and the laser whitening treatment will have to repeat itself. Subsequent treatment could cost $500 or more.
On the other hand, once you’ve got a custom-made tray, you can follow your old habits for a year and you’ll only have to do a touch-up every three to six months. This will help you to clear any fresh stains without needing to pay much at all.
Stains are gone: the best whitening of teeth could be something you do yourself and have full control over it!