Ancient texts throughout history have documented the use of the marijuana plant as herbal medicine long before modern medical marijuana doctors existed. They have been used in countries such as China and India, and in other areas of Asia, the Middle East and Africa. This drug has been used for a long list of ills in the past. From appetite stimulant, to rheumatism, to earache, the number of diseases that this herb has been said to treat is outstanding. Then the Western world discovered this plant’s beneficial properties. Some damaging properties have been discovered along with this discovery as well. Find additional information at Dispensary
At present, in order to use the medicinal properties of marijuana, there are set policies that must be followed. A patient must go through legal procedures, one requiring physicians, permits, cards, and clinics for medical marijuana. The important role of these trained physicians is to evaluate patients, determine if they need this type of medication and then provide the appropriate recommendations for its use. These doctors should not under the statute, dispense the medication themselves. For this reason alone, there are clinics that are set up. In order to use the drug, the procedure a person goes through involves:
- Diagnosis of his disease by his own physicians. For chronic diseases such as lung cancer, breast cancer, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer’s, neurological disorders, and other pain-causing diseases, doctors authorise the use of this alternative medicine.
- The doctor then advises the afflicted to seek consultation with medical marijuana doctors if necessary.
- The patient must send the required paperwork, such as his doctor’s advice, medical reports, other diagnosis and treatment records.
- Another set of tests from the new doctor could be carried out by the patient. Before a final referral to one of the hospitals, this will be part of the consultation process.
- If it is discovered that the patient genuinely wants cannabis to cure his disease or alleviate his pain for medicinal reasons, then he gets valuable advice on the dose, the most appropriate ways to take the drug, and which clinic to go to.
There are conflicting state and federal laws in the United States about the use of this plant. Concerned doctors, health professionals, other patients and legal persons who prescribe medical cannabis are a valuable source of guidance on the problems and their effects on you. As with any form of medication, for the purpose of personal protection, a thorough study of the pros and cons of this ancient herbal remedy is also in order.