Mosquitoes are arguably one, if not the most, of the planet’s annoying insects. The sting of a mosquito will spoil all outdoor activities during spring and summer months, and typically does. I’m not going to confuse you with mosquito biology, but what I’m going to do is give you the information and the resources you’ll need to manage them.Checkout The Coming Tick Disaster for more info.
Top 10 Mosquito Murderers
- Mechanical Control-This is always where you should start. Mechanical control is when you do away with the breeding source of the mosquito. If there is no place to hatch and become adults for the mosquito larvae, you’ve just removed much of the problem. Old tires, flower pots, swimming pools, bird baths, clogged gutters, and field impressions are also suitable breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Remove water from anything the can after rains, and hold humidity. It also eliminates entry points into the house by repairing screen doors, door sweeps, etc ..
- Mosquito repellent-Numerous repellents for mosquitoes are on the market. DEET is usually the main ingredient, but the waste is nothing more than 20 per cent. So read the label carefully before making a purchase. Lotions such as Skin so Soft, and numerous Citronella product labels such as Tiki torches and bucket candles are also very common.
- Mosquito dunks-Mosquito dunks are a larvicide that kills the larvae by preventing them from growing into adults and contaminating the food source of the larvae (bacteria, algae, etc.). Some dunks on mosquitoes can be quite expensive. Only use dunks which do not go away in standing stagnant water. Before submitting please read the Mark, since it is not meant for broad water bodies.
- Mosquito Trap / Magnet-The mosquito magnet (also known as a mosquito trap) is the cadillac for all mosquito control systems. Mosquito magnets are operated with propane and require the use of Octenol or Lurex (depending on the type of mosquitoes in the area you live in). The combination of CO2 and Octenol imitates a human breath, which in turn draws mosquitoes to the trap location. If you are spending a lot of time outside, you can take one of these seriously. The mosquito trap at Skeetervac is also very successful.
- Mosquito Net / Netting-Mosquito netting is really common for outdoor activities like camping. Netting comes from gazebos in all forms, head netting and various styles for outdoor sleeping. Netting is fantastic so it’s also the safest to handle the root again.
- Mosquito zapper-This is the easy way out but not the best way to control mosquitoes. While hearing mosquitoes electrocuted when tossing down a cold one is great, mosquitoes aren’t as sensitive to lights as moths and other insects as well.
- Mosquito Fogger-Mosquito fogging isn’t a long-term remedy but can provide you with immediate relief. Mosquitoes are aggressive, and fogging can destroy colonies of adult mosquitoes quite rapidly but is not a long-term remedy. Wind is also a factor, and fogging would not be as successful if at all, if the wind speeds are above 3 mph.
- Mosquito Spray-Another form of prevention is to use a leftover pesticide to target places where the mosquitoes may shelter throughout the day. We die after a mosquito landing on a treated area. The ideal place to treat is under eaves, trees, bushes or any dark shaded area where it’s nice and cool. Many sprays are not meant for plants, since plants may be phototoxic to the compound. Care to always READ THE Warning before insecticides are taken.
- Light-Mosquitoes are drawn to carbon dioxide, which is created by an animal or human breathing. So if you’re trying to restrict mosquito behavior, don’t waste your money on those flashy yellow lights.
- 10. Diet / Human Pests-Actually, there are many forms of food and drugs that can serve as a human repellent to mosquitoes. Garlic pills for humans, and brewers’ yeast for pets are becoming increasingly popular with people who go Green. There are several retailers that market such items digitally and locally.